Help my crazy boyfriend on his 100 half marathon challenge to raise money for a great local school!
Me - just about to finish the Disney World Marathon and get a high five from Mickey Mouse.
9 days till the start of the challenge
This always makes me chuckle. Am printing it out for the office wall of LOLs :D
…is always yourself. Always. Well, when you’re a designer anyway. Difficult to write a brief for yet I can do it easily for anyone else ;)
Fascinating, illuminating and downright scary article about our digital security - for everyone to be aware of, whatever age you are. It’s definitely worth the read to educate yourself, understand what can go wrong, and what we can do about it.
Really liking the look of this!
It’s a tool we’ve personally desired for sometime and so we’re building in features that improve a users work flow and enable collaboration, we have lot’s of cool ideas and plans to push the product forward.
The video is a very quick preview screencast I put together. We are now a week or two away from releasing the apps for preview, if you want to be one of the first to try Mixture please follow on Twitter for announcements.
Here’s a quick overview of the features / benefits of Mixture…
- A powerful local front-end development environment (quick & easy to setup, no knowledge of server-side environments needed).
- Mac or Windows and allows you to open & share projects between machines.
- Use your editor of choice (TextMate, VIM, Sublime Text and more).
- Live updates; changes are displayed live in the browser.
- Dynamic templating (layouts / partials / includes).
- Automatic & customizable compilation of Sass, Less, Coffee script and more.
- Image optimisation, Styles & Scripts minification and concatination
- Lint validation of your scripts. Mixture will also validate your views, models & all pre-processors.
- One click push online, share, collaborate and sign-off.
- Custom domain for your online projects.
- Boilerplates / Project templates allow you to get started quickly, create and share.
- To-do comments within your code right where they matter! Mixture will automatically pull and list so as you always know what needs your attention.
- Json models allow you to test and structure data around your templates.
(Image by Adaptive Path)
‘What we talk about when we talk about sketching’ - interesting article from the lovely folk at Adaptive Path, based on sketching for UX purposes and concept here, but it applies to anything. Limit colour palette to increase your focus on the main idea (“draw with a big stick to keep it full of energy if you have to”, my old tutor said) and evolve your own sketching practice. Just keep on doing it!